The EURAXESS Services Commitment
The mission of the EURAXESS Services Centres is to provide free and personalised
assistance on the challenges faced by researchers and their families when
relocating, such as:
- Work Permits
- Legal Issues
- Social security, medical care, pension rights and taxes
- Family support, language courses, day care, schooling, etc.
- Research funding
- Social and Cultural aspects
- Family support, language courses, etc.
- Research funding
Objective of the Commitment
The EURAXESS Services Charter represents a document of reference for researchers describing a range of high-quality services.
What is the EURAXESS Services Commitment?
This commitment explains the relationship between a EURAXESS Services Centre
and a researcher. It details what a researcher can expect from a EURAXESS Services Centre. In particular, the Charter sets out:
- What can a EURAXESS Services Centre do for you;
- How to improve the EURAXESS Services Network;
- The services' standards of a EURAXESS Services Centre;
- Data protection;
- Timescale in which a EURAXESS Services Centre acts;
- As such, this Charter is a "letter of engagement".
The EURAXESS Services Centres’ commitment to mobile researchers
The EURAXESS Services Network is to serve all researchers and their families. If you are a researcher, the EURAXESS Services Centres will provide you and your family with the information you require to plan and organise your stay in a foreign country. As such, the EURAXESS Services Centres provide you with a quality service, where they:
- Identify themselves;
- Treat you with courtesy and respect, providing a service to all researchers
based on the right to equal treatment;
- Ensure that information and leaflets are available in both national
language and English;
- Give you clear, accurate, timely and relevant information or help you might
The EURAXESS Services Network will protect your personal data and the information given will remain confidential and abide by privacy laws.
How to improve the EURAXESS Services Centres
- To improve the services, the EURAXESS Services Centres ask you to:
- Inform about your special needs;
- Provide them with all requested information and details or changes in your
circumstances in a timely manner;
- Make comments or suggestions about the service you received
Quality aspects in the EURAXESS Services activity
Quality indicators are set up and monitored on a regular basis at European level by experts. In order to provide a better quality service, the EURAXESS Services Centres welcome your feedback, both positive and negative. To this end write, telephone, or e-mail your EURAXESS Services Centre.