ORGANISATION NAMEInstitute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDNatural sciences
CAREER STAGEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
Proposed title of PhD project: Variability of inherent optical properties of seawater in relation to the concentration, composition and size distribution of suspended particulate matter in selected fjords of western Spitsbergen
Leading unit: International Environmental Doctoral School associated with the Centre for Polar Studies at the University of Silesia in Katowice (IEDS) -
Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences
Mode of study: full-time
Degree to be obtained: in the field of science and natural science, in the discipline of Earth and environmental sciences
What is funded
Scholarship: the gross amount of 5000 PLN monthly (1-2nd year); the gross amount of 6000 PLN monthly (3-4th year)
Duration: 4 years (8 semesters), from October 2020
Requirements and regulations: www.mssd.us.edu.pl/kandydat-mssd/
Registration online: www.irk.us.edu.pl
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in a field related to the Earth sciences (preferred: oceanography) or in a field related to classic science such as physics or mathematics, allowing for the implementation of tasks in the field of oceanology and sea water optics. A candidate may submit application if receives the MSc Degree till September, 30, 2020.
- Initial knowledge of research topics within the discipline of oceanology.
- Knowledge in the field of mathematics, including knowledge of typical statistical tools and methods used in experimental sciences.
- Knowledge of English language enabling communication, reading and writing of scientific papers.
- General predisposition to conduct scientific research, both as a member of a larger team and independent.
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.