ORGANISATION/COMPANYNorwegian Veterinary Institute
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/05/2018 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNorway › Oslo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2018
At the Norwegian Veterinary Institute in Oslo, Section for Food Safety and Emerging Health Threats we have a temporary 2 years position as:
POST DOCTORAL FELLOW
Antibiotic resistance and molecular biology
The successful candidate will join the sections’ research team and will be affiliated to the EU/JPI project “Piloting on-site interventions for reducing antimicrobial use in livestock farming in emerging economies (REDUCEAMU)”
The position provides a unique opportunity to study antimicrobial resistance dynamics in an international multidisciplinary research team. The study site will be in Thailand focusing on pig production, antimicrobial resistance and potential for zoonotic transmission. The research activities for the candidate will involve classical bacteriology, molecular investigations, genome sequencing on material of both animal and human origin. The candidate will work in Norway, with some visits to the study site in Thailand. The research fellow will report directly to the supervising senior researcher and the project leader.
A candidate with strong interest in bacteriology, molecular biology, bioinformatics and antimicrobial resistance is sought.
The current position is offered as a full time (37,5hr per week) temporary position for a period of 2 years. The successful candidate should ideally start within the third quarter of 2018.
The salary follows the regulations set by the Norwegian State for the category of post doctoral fellow in code 1352 (current yearly gross salary 537 700 - 650 200 NOK) depending on qualifications. There is a compulsory deduction of 2% of the salary to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
NVI offers membership in the State's pension fund with insurance schemes and favorable loan offers, flexible working time, a good working environment, possibility for nursery space and opportunity for rental of the institute’s mountain cabin. The Veterinary Institute has signed an agreement on the inclusive workplace (IA-company).
The State work force shall as far as possible reflect the diversity of the population. It is therefore a policy aim to achieve a balanced age and gender composition and recruiting people with immigrant background. People with an immigrant background are encouraged to apply for the position.
Applications must be sent electronically via the Institute’s application portal.
In addition to filling the online electronic application, candidates must provide electronically the following documents:
- A list of all relevant scientific publications in peer reviewed journals, conference papers and presentations, books chapters, etc
- Copy of all certificates, diplomas relevant for evaluation
- Contact information for three individuals who could serve as references.
An introduction letter can be either attached or copy pasted into the application’s online system. Applicants can also choose to submit as an attachment a more detailed CV.
If you would like to opt-out from the entry on the public search list, this must be informed and justified in the application. Information may be made public even if you have asked not to be listed in the search list. You will be notified if the desire for reservation can not be granted.
After the deadline for submission a Committee will evaluate all application and invite selected candidates for an interview. At that stage only invited candidates will be notified.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
A. Essential requirements
- A university degree in veterinary sciences, microbiology, biology, molecular biology or a closely related field.
- A recent PhD degree in microbiology, molecular biology or a field related to antimicrobial resistance (Ph D degree preferably acquired within the past four years)
- Skills and experience demonstrated by academic publications in peer reviewed journals
- A record of relevant laboratory work experience with a main focus on microbiology and advanced molecular methods and techniques
- Oral and written communication skills in English
B. Additional desirable criteria (scientific and personal)
- Experience with clinical bacteriology/microbiology and antimicrobial resistance
- Comprehensive knowledge of bioinformatics and/or metagenomics analyses, programming and general web based tools for sequence alignment and protein structure prediction
- Strong ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team and develop links with external research networks
- Being solution oriented, effective and able to work accurately and structured
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and with high degree of flexibility
- Previous experience with supervision of students and grant writing
EURAXESS offer ID: 302904
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.